Wednesday 1 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdur Rahman Biswas and Charles Delfante.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1926 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Abdur Rahman Biswas: President of Bangladesh.
- Charles Delfante: French architect and urban planner.
- Abdur Biswas: Bangladeshi banker and politician 10th President of Bangladesh.
- Gene Colan: American illustrator (d. 2011).
- Russell Jones: Australian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2012).
- British Columbia Rugby Football Union forms
- Turkey allows civil marriage
- Lebanon under the French Mandate gets its first constitution, thereby becoming a republic. Charles Debbas is elected president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- At Peace with the World - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?