Saturday 1 September 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1928 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Emrys James: Welsh actor (d. 1989).
- Clifford Lincoln: Mauritian-Canadian businessman and politician.
- George Maharis: Actor (Rich Man, Poor Man, Route 66).
- Albania becomes a kingdom, with Zogu I as King
- Ahmet Zogu declares Albania to be a monarchy and proclaims himself king.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?