Monday 1 September 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1930 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Michel Serres: French philosopher, naval officer and educator.
- Turgut Özakman: Turkish lawyer and civil servant (d. 2013).
- Dick Raaymakers: Dutch composer and theorist (d. 2013).
- Charles Correa: Indian architect (d. 2015).
- Peeter Pold: Estonian pedagogic scientist and politician (Born 1878).
- New York World reports disappearance of Supreme Court Justice Joseph Crater
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 September 1930 and get them!