Friday 1 September 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Penthouse, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1933 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Ann Richards: American politician, elected Governor of Texas 11/06/1990, but lost her seat to George Bush, Jr.
- Terence Adderley: American accountant and CEO of Kelly Services, known for being a popular innovator as a manager, promoting women officers who now include 30% of his home base offices.
- Conway Twitty: American singer-songwriter with more than 50 No.
- Marshall Lytle: American bass player and songwriter (Bill Haley & His Comets and The Jodimars) (d. 2013).
- Tom Vreugdenhil: Dutch MP (CDA).
- T Thirunavukarasu: Sri Lankan politician (d. 1982)
- Conway Twitty [Harold Jenkins] in Mississippi: USA; country singer ("Hello Darlin'").
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?