Sunday 1 September 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1935 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Seiji Ozawa in Hoten: Manchuria; conductor (Boston Symphony Orchestra).
- Renaud Matignon: French writer and journalist who worked for 'Figaro' and 'Figaro littéraire.
- Nicholas Garland: English cartoonist.
- Seiji Ozawa: Japanese conductor and director.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?