Sunday 1 September 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1946 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Barry Gibb: British-Australian pop musician, the eldest brother, lead singer, songwriter and guitarist of the musical family singing group "The Bee Gees.
- Roh Moo-Hyun: President of South Korea (d. 2009).
- Patrick Madelenat: French professor of obstetrics and gynecology.
- Greg Errico: American drummer and producer (Sly and the Family Stone and Weather Report).
- Roh Moo-hyun: South Korean soldier and politician 9th President of South Korea (d. 2009).
- Greece votes for monarchy
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ink Spots - To Each His Own
- Choo Choo Ch'Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?