Friday 1 September 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Mayer and Phil McGraw.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Truth and Consequences.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1950 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Francis Mayer: French senior official, who served as the general manager of The 'Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations' (English: Deposits and Consignments Fund) from 18 December 2002 until his death on 9 December 2006, having been appointed by President Jacques Chirac.
- Phil McGraw: American psychologist and TV personality known as Dr. Phil.
- Mikhail Fradkov: Russian politician 36th Prime Minister of Russia.
- Phillip Fulmer: American football player and coach.
- 13 North Korean divisions open assault on UN lines
- West Berlin is granted a constitution.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?