Saturday 1 September 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Timothy Zahn and Nicu Ceausescu.
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Search for Tomorrow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1951 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Timothy Zahn: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Cobra Strike).
- Nicu Ceausescu: Romanian politician (d. 1996).
- David Bairstow: English cricketer and sportscaster (d. 1998).
- Nicu Ceaușescu: Romanian politician (d. 1996).
- Wolfgang Schulze [Wols]: German drawer / painter, dies at 38.
- Prime Minister Ben-Gurion orders establishment of Israeli secret service Mossad
- The United States, Australia and New Zealand sign a mutual defense pact, called the ANZUS Treaty.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 September 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?