Monday 1 September 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Monkey Business, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1952 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Donald Bootes: American engineer who tests off-the-scale for his outstanding mechanical ability.
- Phil Hendrie: American radio host and actor.
- Manuel Piñero: Spanish golfer.
- Jakub Polák: Czech activist (d. 2012).
- Sutro Baths, SF purchased by George Whitney
- Willem Drees forms new Dutch government
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?