Sunday 1 September 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1963 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Stephen Kernahan: Australian rules footballer.
- Carola Smit: Dutch singer (BZN-Bad bad woman).
- David Zhuang: China -- US table tennis player (1996 Olympics).
- Andrea Balestri: Italian film actor, known for playing Pinocchio in the 1972 television series, "The Adventures of Pinocchio," directed by Luigi Comencini, alongside actors like Nino Manfredi, Franco Franchi, Ciccio Ingrassia, Gina Lollobrigida and the great actor and director Vittorio De Sica as the Judge.
- Language laws in Belgium goes into effect causing a riot
- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Curt Simmons steals home plate
- WCTI TV channel 12 in New Bern, NC (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?