Sunday 1 September 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1974 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Burn Gorman: American-born British actor.
- Jason Taylor: American football player and sportscaster.
- Jhonen Vasquez: American author illustrator voice actor and director.
- Yutaka Yamamoto: Japanese director and producer founded Ordet Animation Studio.
- Philip Nikolic: French stage and film actor, singer, model, and gymnast, of Serbian descent, leader of the boys band "2Be3", he died by overdose.
- Dutch law against pirate radio goes into effect
- Jane Blalock / Sue Roberts wins LPGA Southgate Ladies Golf Open
- Train accident at Zagreb Yugoslavia, 121 killed
- The SR-71 Blackbird sets (and holds) the record for flying from New York to London in the time of 1 hour, 54 minutes and 56.4 seconds.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?