Wednesday 1 September 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florina Kaja and Jeffrey Buttle.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Abracadabra by The Steve Miller Band.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Different Seasons by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Great Britain Ltd or Rocky's Boots.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1982 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Florina Kaja: Reality Star.
- Jeffrey Buttle: Canadian figure skater.
- Paul Dumbrell: Australian race car driver.
- Ryan Gomes: American basketball player.
- Max speedometer reading mandated at 85 mph
- Mexico President Lopez Portillo nationalizes banks
- Palestinian Liberation Organization leaves Lebanon.
- In the USA, the maximum speedometer reading on a car is mandated at 85 MPH.
- Canada adopts the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as part of its Constitution.
- The United States Air Force Space Command is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?