Friday 1 September 1995
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan MacKinnon and Ned Napier.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
La Haine, directed by Mathieu Kassovitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rownd a Rownd.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed 3D or Computer Nouryoku Kaiseki: Ultra Baken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1995!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1995 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:01 September
- Infinity Radio agrees to voluntarily pay $1.7 million to US Treasury
- New York City reinstates the death penalty
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame opens in Cleveland Ohio
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?