Sunday 1 September 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zendaya Coleman and Megan Renee.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Ready Or Not by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Sling Blade, directed by Billy Bob Thornton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Executive Orders by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barry Welsh Is Coming.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chill Manor or Chōkūkan Night Pro Yakyū King.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1996!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1996 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Zendaya Coleman: American atcress.
- Megan Renee: YouNow Star.
- Zendaya : American actress singer and dancer.
- Baltimore Ravens (Cleveland Browns) 1st NFL game, beat Oakland Raiders, 17-14
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 September 1996
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- New Edition - Hit Me Off
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?