Saturday 1 September 2001
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Fallin' by Alicia Keys.
In UK Eternal Flame by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Jeepers Creepers, directed by Victor Salva, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2001.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 2001!
Which were the important events of 1 September 2001 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 September
- Brian Moore: Irish-Canadian author and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- The German national football team lose a World Cup qualifier for only the second time at home in their history (including as West Germany) by a heavy 1-5 margin to an England team managed by Sven-Göran Eriksson in the Olympic Stadium in Munchen (Munich), ending a significant run of England losses to Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?