Thursday 1 September 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry.
We Need to Talk About Kevin, directed by Lynne Ramsay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 1 September 2011 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Madison Belafonte: American-born noted family member, she is the first child born to former Spice Girl Melanie Brown andher husband Stephen Belafonte.
- At least four people, including a high-ranking security service officer, are killed in a series of bombings and shootings across Russia's North Caucasus. (''Voice of America'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Libya's National Transitional Council extends the deadline for tribal leaders in Muammar Gaddafi’s hometown of Sirte to surrender in order to avoid further fighting. (''The Christian Science Monitor'')
- Three Pakistani soldiers and one Indian soldier are killed following an attack by Indian border forces on a Pakistani checkpost along the Line of Control. (''Express Tribune'')
- The remains of Australian bushranger Ned Kelly are found in the former HM Prison Pentridge in Melbourne, Victoria. (''The Courier-Mail'')
- Protesters from the Palestine Solidarity Campaign disrupt a concert given by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra for the BBC Proms at London's Royal Albert Hall. (BBC)
- The world's largest food group, Nestlé SA, opens a new production unit in Konolfingen, Switzerland, and its CEO affirms that the company is committed to its home country, despite problems created by the unusually strong Swiss franc against the euro. (Reuters)
- Former Dutch Minister of Economic Affairs and Minister of Education, Culture and Science, Maria van der Hoeven, takes office as Executive Director of the International Energy Agency. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal declares a state of emergency after Tropical Storm Lee forms in the northern Gulf of Mexico. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?