Sunday 2 April 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1939 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Anthony Lake: American academic and diplomat 18th United States National Security Advisor.
- Lise Thibault: Canadian journalist and politician 27th Lieutenant Governor of Quebec.
- John Snow: American legal economist and CEO in charge of CSX, a transportation company.
- Christian Jaccard: Swiss-French painter and sculptor.
- Marvin P Gaye Jr in Washington: DC, USA; singer ("Sexual Healing").
- Pertti Paasio: Finnish politician from the Social Democratic Party.
- Marvin Gaye: American singer, songwriter, keyboard player and drummer, one of the lead stars of the Motown group during the '60's and '70s and an influential force in the music scene. The gifted Gaye blazed a trail for Motown’s presentation of black talent, moving from lean, powerful R&B to stylish, sophisticated soul to finally arrive at an intensely political and personal form of artistic self-expression.
- 6th Golf Masters Championship: Ralph Guldahl wins, shooting a 279.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?