Tuesday 2 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1940 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Donald Jackson: Canadian figure skater and coach.
- Mike Hailwood: English motorcycle racer (d. 1981).
- Penelope Keith: British actress (Norman Conquests, Priest of Love).
- Michel Prada: French senior government official, chair of the financial market authority.
- Peter Haining: Writer / editor (Anatomy of Witchcraft).
- Adrien Zeller: French politician, who served as State Secretary of the Social Security in the second Jacques Chirac government from 1986 to 1988. He was the president of the regional council of Alsace from 1996 until 2009. He was a member of the Union for a Popular Movement. He was born in Saverne, and died on 22 August 2009 aged 69 of a heart attack in Haguenau.
- Walt Disney Productions first offers shares in the company to the public. 155,000 shares of preferred stock are offered at US$25 per share, and 600,000 of common stock for US$5 per share. US$3.5 million is raised from the stock offering.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?