Tuesday 2 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Haining and Michel Prada.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1940 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Peter Haining: Writer / editor (Anatomy of Witchcraft).
- Michel Prada: French senior government official, chair of the financial market authority.
- Adrien Zeller: French politician, who served as State Secretary of the Social Security in the second Jacques Chirac government from 1986 to 1988.
- Donald Jackson: Canadian figure skater and coach.
- Mike Hailwood: English motorcycle racer (d. 1981).
- Penelope Keith: British actress (Norman Conquests, Priest of Love)
- Walt Disney Productions first offers shares in the company to the public. 155,000 shares of preferred stock are offered at US$25 per share, and 600,000 of common stock for US$5 per share. US$3.5 million is raised from the stock offering.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 April 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?