Sunday 2 April 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Mandonnaud and Lynn Westmoreland.
Titanic, directed by Herbert Selpin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1950 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Claude Mandonnaud: French freestyle swimmer who won two medals at the 1966 and 1974 European Aquatics Championships.
- Lynn Westmoreland: American politician.
- WTAR (now WTKR) TV channel 3 in Norfolk, VA (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?