Monday 2 April 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ayako Okamoto in Hiroshima and Gary Frischer.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1951 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Ayako Okamoto in Hiroshima: Japan; LPGA golfer (1990 Sara Lee).
- Gary Frischer: American musician, on the road with the Chambers Brothers at age 22.
- Ayako Okamoto: Japanese golfer.
- Moriteru Ueshiba: Japanese martial artist.
- Simon Barere: pianist, dies while perfoming at Carnegie Hall.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 April 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?