Wednesday 2 April 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1958 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Stefano Bettarello: Italian rugby player.
- Larry Drew: American basketball player and coach.
- Amelia Marshall: American actress.
- Éric Besson: French politician of French-Lebanese descent.
- National Advisory Council on Aeronautics renamed NASA
- Antillean Brewery (Amstel beer) opens.
- American National Advisory Council on Aeronautics renamed NASA.
- Wind speed reaches 450 kph in tornado in Wichita Falls, Texas, USA (record).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?