Thursday 2 April 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrian Meagher and Carmen Ayala-Troncoso in New York City.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Warlock, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Niven Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1959!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1959 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Adrian Meagher: Australian baseball pitching coach (Olympics-1996).
- Carmen Ayala-Troncoso in New York City: New York, USA; 5000m runner.
- Dean Townson in Saint Petersburg: Florida, USA; singer (Pirates of the Mississippi - Fred Jake).
- Badou Zaki: Morrocan footballer and manager.
- Gelindo Bordin: Italian athlete, the winner of an Olympic Gold Medal for the Track and Field marathon in Stockton, CA on 8/30/1986.
- Brian Goodell: American swimmer who broke two world records, won two 1976 Olympic medals and two 1979 Pan-American Games gold medals, nine National Championships and nine National Collegiate Athletic Association titles.
- Donna Manion: American kidnap victim, taken hostage by former boyfriend Ernest C. Anthony Jr. on 2/06/1992 after he shot and killed her mother, Brockton, MA. After the shooting, he backed his car over the body of Gertrude Manion and fled the scene with Donna in the car.
- David Frankel: American director producer and screenwriter
- Juha Kankkunen: Finnish race car driver
- Yves Lavandier: French director and producer
- Steve Monarque: American actor director and screenwriter
- Badou Ezzaki: Moroccan footballer and manager
- Benjamin Christensen: Danish actor (Barnet, Mockery), dies at 79.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Ricky Nelson - It's Late
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?