Friday 2 April 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) by The Temptations.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Summer of '42, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Throne Of Saturn by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1971 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Jenny Craig: Miss Georgia-USA (1996).
- James Ransom in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; Epee fencer (Olympics-1996).
- ZEEBRA: Japanese hip hop artist.
- Elton : German comedian and television host.
- Zeebra : Japanese rapper (King Giddra).
- Todd Woodbridge: Australian tennis player and sportscaster
- Sci-fi soap opera Dark Shadows concludes an almost 5 year run
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Andy Williams - (Where Do I Begin) Love Story
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?