Monday 2 April 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tine Wittler and Roselyn Sanchez.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1973 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Tine Wittler: German author, television personality and actress.
- Roselyn Sanchez: Puerto Rican singer, model and actress.
- Dmitry Lipartov: Russian footballer.
- Roselyn Sánchez: Puerto Rican singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Aleksejs Semjonovs: Latvian footballer.
- ITT pleads guilty to asking CIA to affect Chilean President election
- CBS radio begins on-hour news 24 hours a day.
- International Telephone And Telegraph pleads guilty to asking US Central Intelligence Agency to affect Chilean presidential election.
- Launch of the LexisNexis computerized legal research service.
- The Liberal Movement breaks away from the Liberal and Country League in South Australia.
- The LexisNexis computerized legal research service begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Carpenters - Sing
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- War - The Cisco Kid
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?