Monday 2 April 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1979 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Anbeta Toromani: Albanian-Italian modern dancer, a ballerina who performs to classical, jazz and funk music.
- Jesse Carmichael: American musician (Maroon 5).
- Lindy Booth: Canadian actress.
- Stian Westerhus: Norwegian guitarist (Puma).
- Aslı Tandoğan: Turkish actress.
- Mehmet Göker: German businessman of Turkish origin who established the Kassel-based company MEG in April 2003. The company was acquired in 2009 by Aragon AG, which soon started insolvency proceedings.
- Carroll D Rosenbloom: Los Angeles Rams' president, dies at age 72.
- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin visits Cairo, Egypt; meets President Anwar Sadat.
- Sverdlovsk Anthrax leak: A Soviet biowarfare laboratory at Sverdlovsk accidentally releases airborne anthrax spores, killing 66 plus an unknown amount of livestock.
- A tornado hits Wichita Falls, Texas, killing 42 people (the most notable of 26 tornadoes that day).
- Cambodia recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Blondie - Heart Of Glass
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- Frank Mills - Music Box Dancer
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Little River Band - Lady
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?