Monday 2 April 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Romancing the Stone, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1984 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Nora Barta: Hungarian diver.
- Engin Atsür: Turkish basketball player.
- Nóra Barta: Hungarian diver.
- Meryl Cassie: New Zealand actress and singer.
- Jérémy Morel: French footballer.
- 46th NCAA Mens Basketball Championship: Georgetown beats Houston 84-75.
- Squadron Leader Rakesh Sharma is launched aboard Soyuz T-11, and becomes the first Indian in space.
- Indian Squadron Leader Rakesh Sharma is launched into space, aboard the ''Soyuz T-11''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?