Wednesday 2 April 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 April 2008 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Leader of the House of Commons Harriet Harman becomes the first Labour woman ever to answer Prime Minister's Questions. (''The Scotsman'')
- The United States House of Representatives votes to provide $50 billion over five years to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa and other third world areas. (AP via Google News)
- Suspended Serb prison workers from Lipljan, Kosovo, claim that Serbia has not paid them money promised for leaving the Kosovo institutions. (B-92)
- Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern announces he will resign on 6 May after 11 years of rule. (RTÉ)
- A strong cold front sweeps across south-eastern Australia, bringing destructive winds to South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania. In Melbourne, a woman died when part of a wall collapsed in the suburb of Mentone. (ABC News Australia)
- The European Union announces an investigation into the bailout of the Northern Rock bank in the United Kingdom. (Reuters)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush supports the bids by Georgia and Ukraine to become members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Cuban citizens now have access to what were formerly ampquottourist-onlyampquot hotels and cellphones. (Wall Street Journal)
- Morgan Tsvangirai's Movement for Democratic Change defeats Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF in the Zimbabean '''parliamentary''' elections. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?