Wednesday 2 April 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sofia Cabello .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Burning Wheels or Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What to Eat?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 April 2008 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Leader of the House of Commons Harriet Harman becomes the first Labour woman ever to answer Prime Minister's Questions. (''The Scotsman'')
- The United States House of Representatives votes to provide $50 billion over five years to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa and other third world areas. (AP via Google News)
- Suspended Serb prison workers from Lipljan, Kosovo, claim that Serbia has not paid them money promised for leaving the Kosovo institutions. (B-92)
- Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern announces he will resign on 6 May after 11 years of rule. (RTÉ)
- A strong cold front sweeps across south-eastern Australia, bringing destructive winds to South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania. In Melbourne, a woman died when part of a wall collapsed in the suburb of Mentone. (ABC News Australia)
- The European Union announces an investigation into the bailout of the Northern Rock bank in the United Kingdom. (Reuters)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush supports the bids by Georgia and Ukraine to become members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Cuban citizens now have access to what were formerly ampquottourist-onlyampquot hotels and cellphones. (Wall Street Journal)
- Morgan Tsvangirai's Movement for Democratic Change defeats Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF in the Zimbabean '''parliamentary''' elections. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?