Friday 2 April 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Clash of the Titans, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 2 April 2010 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Manon Bousquet-Manaudou: French child of noted parents, her parents are Olympic-medal winning swimmers Frederic Bousquet and Laure Manaudou.
- United States Department of Labor announces second solid growth in jobs since the recession. (Business Week)
- Bishop of Down and Connor Noel Treanor says at St Peter's Cathedral, Belfast in Northern Ireland that the ampquotcrimes and sins of abuse of children and minors by clergy and religiousampquot are ampquotfaith-shakingampquot. (''The Australian'')
- Rescue teams attempting to reach 153 miners trapped in a flooded coal pit in Shanxi report ampquotsigns of lifeampquot, including ampquottappingampquot, ampquotbangingampquot and ampquotshoutsampquot, as relatives allege an official cover-up of the incident. (''The Guardian'')
- Brazilian land reform activist Pedro Alcantara de Souza is fatally shot five times in the head by two men on motorcycles as he tries to ride his own bicycle in Pará. (Arabnews)
- Soyuz TMA-18 is launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, carrying three members of the Expedition 23 crew of the International Space Station. (CNN)
- 3 men are charged with murder in the fatal stabbings of two men on a New York City subway over the weekend. (CKOY)
- Record rains cause flooding across New England, with Rhode Island hit the hardest. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) officials say as many as 200,000 people in Rhode Island could be affected. President Barack Obama talks to Governor Don Carcieri about the damage. (CNS)
- Limerick pubs break with tradition by opening on Good Friday following the recent landmark court ruling. (''Irish Examiner'')
- Another nation-wide blackout affects Malta due to a technical fault. ''(Times of Malta)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?