Monday 2 April 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
American Reunion, directed by Jon Hurwitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Labyrinth no Kanata or Da Capo III.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 2 April 2012 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 April
- The Colombian leftist group FARC releases its last remaining police and military captives. (BBC)
- The U.S. Federal Trade Commission allows the proposed merger of two large firms within the market for pharmacy benefit management, Express Scripts and Medco Health Solutions, despite the arguments of many that the degree of concentration that will create in the PBM market will prove unhealthy. (FTC)
- A twin engine UTair Aviation ATR-72 crashes in western Siberia near the city of Tyumen with at least 31 people dead of the 43 on-board. (Reuters)
- On the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War between the United Kingdom and Argentina, Argentina threatens action against United States and United Kingdom banks, while UK Prime Minister David Cameron calls Argentina's 1982 invasion ampquota profound wrongampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- The three widows and two daughters of Osama bin Laden are convicted of illegally living in Pakistan and sentenced to 45 days in jail and fined $114 each. (BBC)
- A mass shooting at Oikos University at Oakland, California leaves 7 people dead and three injured, according to a police spokesperson. (KTVU)
- Burma's National League for Democracy claims to have won 43 of 45 seats contested yesterday in by-elections. (CNN)
- Pál Schmitt resigns as President of Hungary after his doctorate is revoked in a plagiarism scandal. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- The data from the 1940 United States Census are released including information on 132 million people. (''Daily Mail'')
- In basketball, the Kentucky Wildcats win the 2012 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, defeating the Kansas Jayhawks 67-59. (''Washington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?