Sunday 2 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Patchwork Girl of Oz, directed by J. Farrell MacDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1914 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Gary Merrill Hartford Connecticut: USA; actor (Young Dr Kildare, All About Eve).
- Felix Leclerc: Quebec singer, songwriter and writer (d. 1988).
- Ismond Rosen: Psychoanalyst / artist.
- Agnes Chabrier: France Writer.
- Félix Leclerc: Canadian singer-songwriter actor and poet (d. 1988).
- Big Price: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2012)
- Beatrice Straight: American actress (d. 2001)
- Gabriel Edouard Xavier Dupont: Composer, dies at 36.
- Belgian government receives German ultimatum
- German press falsely reports that French bombed Nuremberg
- German troops overthrows Luxembourg
- Germany and Turkey signs secret treaty
- Great Britain mobilizes
- Postdam Conference ended
- Russian troops invade Eastern Prussia
- Sherlock Holmes Adventure His Last Bow takes place
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Alamo - Peerless Quartet
- Kitty McKay - Prince's Orchestra
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Lyric Quartet
- Gems from High Jinks - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?