Wednesday 2 August 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reginald Murley and Jean-Claude Aaron.
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1916 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Reginald Murley: Surgeon.
- Jean-Claude Aaron: French businessman, a builder and developer who organized the financing of the Maine-Montparnasse Tower in Paris.
- Camille Hilaire: Metz Painters.
- Alfonso Ossorio: Filipino-American painter and sculptor (d. 1990).
- Hamish MacCunn: Scottish musician, a conductor, composer and writer of operas, overtures and choir works.
- World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Peerless Quartet
- Baby Shoes - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?