Thursday 2 August 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1923 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Rene Bienes: French rugby player, chosen 29 times in international events as prop and wing forward.
- Shimon Peres: Israeli politician, Prime Minister of Israel and the ninth President of the State of Israel.
- Former US President Warren Harding dies at Palace Hotel, San Francisco, California.
- The first major seagoing ship arrives at Gdynia, the newly constructed Polish seaport.
- Gustav Stresemann is named Chancellor of Germany and founds a coalition government for the Weimar Republic, where hyperinflation means that more than 4,600,000 marks are now needed to buy a single American dollar.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You've Gotta See Mama Every Night (Or You Can't See Mama At All) - Sophie Tucker
- Roses of Picardy - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Beside a Babbling Brook - Marion Harris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?