Sunday 2 August 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1925 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Alan Whicker: British world traveler born in Egypt, TV host of "Whicker's World" from 1958.
- Jorge Rafael Videla: Argentinian dictator, 43rd President of Argentina.
- K Arulanandan: Ceylon-American engineer and academic (d. 2004).
- John Dexter: English stage and film director (Born 1925).
- John McCormack: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jorge Videla: Argentinian general and politician 43rd President of Argentina (d. 2013)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gene Austin - Yes Sir! That's My Baby
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Don't Bring Lulu - Billy Murray
- Yearning (Just For You) - Harry Reser's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 August 1925 and get them!