Sunday 2 August 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henryck Schiller and Philippa Duke Schuyler.
The Miracle Woman, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1931 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Henryck Schiller: Composer.
- Philippa Duke Schuyler: Composer.
- Pierre DuMaine: American bishop and academic.
- Eddie Fuller: South African cricketer (d. 2008).
- Karl Miller: English journalist and critic (d. 2014).
- Viliam Schrojf: Slovak footballer (d. 2007)
- Spanish Catalonia agrees (99+%) for autonomous status
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?