Wednesday 2 August 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1939 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Benjamin Barber: American theorist author and academic.
- John Snow: American businessman and politician 73rd United States Secretary of the Treasury.
- Michel Vachey: France Writer.
- Wes Craven: American author, film maker and screen writer known for his horror films "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Scream.
- John W Snow: American 73rd United States Secretary of the Treasury.
- Edward Pattern in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; singer (Gladys Knight and the Pips).
- Harvey Spencer Lewis: American Rosicrucian mystic (Born 1883).
- Hatch Act prohibits political activity by federal workers.
- Albert Einstein and Leo Szilard write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan project to develop a nuclear weapon.
- Albert Einstein writes to President Franklin Roosevelt about developing the atomic bomb using uranium. This leads to the creation of the Manhattan Project.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?