Saturday 2 August 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Homer Banks and Fabio Testi.
Hold That Ghost, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1941 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Homer Banks: US singer / songwriter (Be What You Are).
- Fabio Testi: Italian film actor, notable as the star of, among many other films, First Action Hero.
- François Weyergans: Belgian writer and director.
- Doris Coley: American singer (The Shirelles) (d. 2000).
- Jules Hoffmann: Luxembourgian-French biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Ede Staal: Dutch singer-songwriter (d. 1986)
- Jose Juan Tablada: Mexican Poet (La Feria), dies at 70.
- German 11st Army surrounds 20 Russian divisions at Oeman
- Hungarian Ruthenia, expels Jews
- Jews are expelled from Hungarian Ruthenia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?