Monday 2 August 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1943 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Jeltje van Nieuwenhoven: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Bernard Dhellemme: French pilot, the Commander of the Air-France Airbus A320 that was taken by four terrorists on 12/24/1995, Algiers.
- Herbert Allison: American lieutenant and businessman (d. 2013).
- Tom Burgmeier: American baseball player and coach.
- Jon Cavaiani: English-American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2014).
- Julia Foster: English actress
- Rose Tremain: British Novelist / playwright (Restoration)
- Max Wright: Detroit, Michigan -- Actor (Buffalo Bill, Alf, Misfits of Science)
- Zelo Bloch: Polish? Treblinka-rebel, shot to death.
- Armed revolt breaks out in Treblinka
- RAF bombs Hamburg
- Sunderland seaplanes sinks U-706 and U-106
- Uprising at Treblinka Concentration Camp (crematorium destroyed)
- Rebellion in the Nazi death camp of Treblinka.
- World War II: the Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 is rammed by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri and sinks. Lt. John F. Kennedy, future U.S. President, saves all but two of his crew.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?