Wednesday 2 August 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1944 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Tony Costa: American homicide; found guilty of the murder of two women who had disappeared from Provincetown on 1/26/1969.
- Jim Capaldi: English drummer and songwriter (Traffic) (d. 2005).
- Naná Vasconcelos: Brazilian singer and berimbau player.
- Joanna Cassidy [Caskey] in Haddonfield: New Jersey, USA; actress (240 Robert).
- Nana Vasconcelos: Brazilian jazz percussionist and vocalist.
- Peter Stachura: Peter D. Stachura was born in Scotland of Polish emigré parents. He is a historian, writer, lecturer and essayist. He served as Professor of Modern European History at the University of Stirling and Director of its externally funded Centre for Research in Polish History established in May 2000. Stachura has published extensively on the subject of modern history of Poland and its people, the Polish military effort alongside the Allies, as well as, on the shaping of the Nazi German state and the E
- Amsterdam soccer team The Volewijckers plays in orange shirts
- Jewish survivors of Kovono Ghetto emerge from their bunker
- Turkey breaks diplomatic relationship with Nazi-Germany
- ASNOM: birth of the Socialist Republic of Macedonia, celebrated as Day of the Republic in the Republic of Macedonia.
- The First Assembly of ASNOM is held in the Prohor Pchinski monastery.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- Merry Macs - Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes
- His Rocking Horse Ran Away - Betty Hutton
- Time Waits for No One - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?