Thursday 2 August 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
When Worlds Collide, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1951 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Andrew Gold in Burbank: California, USA; rocker (Lonely Boy).
- Andrew Gold: American singer-songwriter and producer (Wax) (d. 2011).
- Steve Hillage: English guitarist (Uriel Gong Khan and System 7).
- Joe Turner: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Deep Purple Rainbow Fandango Brazen Abbot and Hughes Turner Project).
- Freddie Wadling: Swedish singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Leather Nun and Blue for Two).
- Per Westerberg: Swedish businessman and politician Speaker of the Parliament of Sweden
- Joe Lynn Turner: American singer (Deep Purple, Rainbow)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?