Saturday 2 August 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
More, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1969 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Cedric Ceballos: NBA forward (LA Lakers, Phoenix Suns).
- Richard Hallebeek: Dutch jazz guitarist.
- Angelica Rivera: Soap Opera Actress.
- Jan Blomberg: Norwegian drummer and songwriter (Winds Mayhem and Arcturus).
- Fernando Couto: Portuguese footballer and manager.
- Jan Axel Blomberg Norwegian drummer (Dimmu Borgir: Winds, Mayhem)
- Erik Meijer: Dutch soccer player (PSV, Uerdingen)
- Clarence Dickinson: Composer, dies at 96.
- Bob Dylan makes surprise appearance at Hibbing HS Minn 10th reunion
- President Nixon visits Romania
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?