Thursday 2 August 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fiona Mullally and Kari Anne Safford.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
White Lightning, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1973 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Fiona Mullally: Miss Ireland Universe (1997).
- Kari Anne Safford: Point Pleasant, West Virginia -- Miss America - WV (1997).
- Karina Habsudova: Bojnice, Slovakia -- Tennis star (1995 Futures Czech).
- Nancy Drolet: Ice hockey forward (Canada, Olympics - 1998).
- Kia Goodwin in Livingston: New Jersey, USA; actress (Tiffany Holloway-227).
- Reyn Ouwehand: Dutch C=64 Composer
- Nade Dieu: Belgian actress whose films inlcude "Maigret L'Inspecteur Cadavre" (1997), "The Butterfly" (2002) by Philippe Muyl, "Notre musique" (2004) by Jean-Luc Godard, and "Un village français" (2009) as Marie Germain.
- George Zidek: Czechoslovakian-American basketball player: center, Nuggets
- Hiroyuki Goto: Japanese game designer created Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan
- Danie Keulder: Namibian cricketer
- Miguel Mendonca: Zimbabwean journalist and author
- Susie O'Neill: Australian swimmer
- Jean-Pierre Melville: French filmmaker.
- George Brett gets his 1st hit
- A flash fire kills 51 at the Summerland amusement centre at Douglas, Isle of Man.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?