Monday 2 August 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Pirate Movie, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1982 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Grady Sizemore: American baseball player.
- Helder Postiga: Portuguese footballer.
- Hélder Postiga: Portuguese footballer.
- Sara Foster: American actress.
- Kerry Rhodes: American football player.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Toto - Rosanna
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- The Motels - Only The Lonely
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 August 1982 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?