Saturday 2 August 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II) by Peter Cetera.
In UK Papa Don't Preach by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
The Transformers: The Movie, directed by Nelson Shin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Wanderlust by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1986 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:02 August
- Roy Marcus Cohn: US lawyer (Joseph McCarthy).
- TODAY / PC born today
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee (US) sets record for heptathlon (7161 points).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Genesis - Invisible Touch
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Rod Stewart - Love Touch
- Janet Jackson - Nasty
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?