Monday 2 August 1999
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Joy .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK If I Let You Go by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
The Sixth Sense, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlezone II: Combat Commander or Yu-Gi-Oh!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1999 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- LFO - Summer Girls
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?