Thursday 2 August 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Duggar .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marx and Venus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Century's Episode 3: The Final or Spider-Man 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 2 August 2007 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Jennifer Duggar: American child, the 17th and seventh girl born to Bob and Michelle Duggar.
- The first-ever United Nations plenary session on climate change is extended into a third day due to the large number of 'worried nations' wanting to describe their climate-related problems. (Fox News)
- Mary Peters, the United States Secretary of Transportation, orders an immediate inspection of all truss bridges in the United States following the collapse of the I-35W Mississippi River bridge in Minneapolis. (CNN)
- Kafeel Ahmed, who was one of the instigators of the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack, dies in the Royal Glasgow Infirmary of the injuries he sustained in the attack. (AP via the Melbourne Age)
- United States Marine Sergeant Lawrence Hutchins III is convicted of murder and related offences in relation to the killing of an Iraqi man. (CNN)
- A Cabinet Minister and four junior ministers belonging to the Ceylon Workers Congress leave the Government of President of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa due to ampquotpolitical differencesampquot. (The Hindu)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit rules that three insurers are not responsible for flood damage in New Orleans resulting from Hurricane Katrina. (Reuters)
- 100 people are killed in the Democratic Republic of the Congo when a train derails. Government officials attribute the accident to faulty brakes. (CBC)
- Two aides of al Qaeda and Taliban are arrested at different places in Pakistan.
- 2007 Russian North Pole expedition: Two Russian bathyscaphes, MIR submersibles have reached the seabed below the North Pole, at a depth of 4.2 km, for the first time ever. (BBC)
- An offshore earthquake occurs in the Pacific Ocean off the shore of Vanuatu measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale but no tsunami is triggered. (TV3 New Zealand)
- South Korea suspends beef imports from the United States following the discovery of banned parts in a recent shipment. (AP via Forbes)
- Journalists in the Indian state of Manipur refuse to put out newspapers as a protest against threats from rebel groups. (BBC)
- An earthquake measuring 6.7 on the Richter Scale hits the southern part of Sakhalin off the coast of Russia causing a death. It also triggered a small tsunami that struck the coast of Hokkaidō in Japan. (Russian News and Information Agency)
- The Dandy comic relaunched as '''Dandy Xtreme'''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- Hurricane Chris - A Bay Bay
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
- Bartender - T-Pain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?