Sunday 2 August 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, directed by Stephen Sommers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The WiseGuys.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 17: Sirius or Brütal Legend.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 2 August 2009 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 August
- One person is killed and 75 injured after an outdoor stage collapses at the Big Valley Jamboree country music festival in Alberta, Canada. (CNN)
- One person dies of pneumonic plague and eleven of his relatives are quarantined in Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. (''People's Daily Online'')
- Three workers from the Russian Emergency Ministry are killed in Ingushetia. (RIA Novosti)
- Nine families who have been living in East Jerusalem since 1956 are evicted by force. (Previous reports of 'two families' are wrong.) (BBC)
- Two newly discovered works by Mozartmdasha prelude and concerto movementmdashare performed in Salzburg, Austria. (Reuters)
- A new strain of the virus that causes AIDS is discovered in a woman from Cameroon. (MSNBC)
- Chinese police detain a further 319 people over unrest in the Xinjiang region last month. (Reuters India)
- Hundreds of firefighters on the Spanish island of La Palma in the Canary Islands are continuing to battle wildfires. (''The Telegraph'')
- At least 33 people die and several are injured as a bus flips over thrice in Zimbabwe. (BBC)
- Around 2700 people are evacuated as 530 forest fires burn in British Columbia, Canada. (AFP)
- A large oil spill occurs in Langesund, Norway, after a Chinese ship, the ''Full City'', drifted aground. (''The Local'')
- Former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami criticizes the ampquotshow trialampquot of election protestors currently underway in the country. (''The Independent'')
- The death toll from sectarian clashes in northern Nigeria rises to 700. (CNN)
- The BBC obtains a photograph showing Yusuf Mohamed, leader of the Boko Haram sect, was alive when captured by the Nigerian army. (BBC)
- The remains of Michael Scott Speicher, the first United States Gulf War casualty, are located in the Al Anbar Governorate desert. (''The Irish Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?