Monday 2 August 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Step Up 3D, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 2 August 2010 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 August
- A Jordanian civilian is killed and three others are wounded as a Grad rocket launched from the Sinai hits the city of Aqaba. Four other rockets land in open areas in the Gulf of Aqaba. Jordan, Israel, Egypt and the United States condemn the attack. (''Haaretz'')
- The United Nations establishes a panel with an Israeli and Turk amongst its members to investigate the Gaza flotilla raid in May. (AFP via Google News)
- An antiques dealer is imprisoned for handling a copy of the ''First Folio'' by poet and playwright William Shakespeare, though cleared of actually stealing it, in the UK. (BBC)
- Cuban President Raúl Castro pledges to ease state control of the economy. (Angola Press)
- Hundreds of new wildfires erupt in Russia as fire has damaged or destroyed 27 towns and villages. (AP via ''Boston Globe'')
- A fire at a retirement home in Nigel, Gauteng, South Africa, kills 18 people. (''Times Live South Africa'')
- Eleven people are killed and four survive after a passenger plane crashes in Russia's Krasnoyarsk territory. (''Times of India'')
- At least 33 people drown after a boat capsizes on Lake Albert in Uganda. (AFP)
- The European Union announces it will end its mission to reform security forces in Guinea-Bissau due to the deteriorating situation in the country. (News24)
- The Government of Pakistan summons the British High Commissioner to Islamabad for a ampquotdressing downampquot by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi over remarks made by the British Prime Minister David Cameron on Pakistan ampquotlooking both waysampquot on terrorism. (BBC)
- The trial of Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim on sodomy charges is deferred until August 9. (CNN)
- A drunk man on a tractor kills 11 people and injures many others in a rampage in northern China. (''The Hindu'')
- Politicians in Nepal fail to elect a new Prime Minister for the third time after no candidate secured a majority. (''Indian Express'')
- Several people are killed during protests in Indian-administered Kashmir after the worst anti-government violence in two years. (BBC)
- A Greek truck drivers strike ends with the situation expected to get back to normal quickly. (AP via ''The Australian'')
- The United States House of Representatives ethics committee charges California Democrat Maxine Waters with breaking ethics rules. (''USA Today'')
- The Census of Marine Life is released after 10 years of study of the worlds oceans showing that there are 230,000 species of animal living there. (''The Guardian'')
- Lithuania wins the European U-18 basketball championship. (Ballineurope)
- Former World No. 1 professional tennis player Ivan Lendl announces a return after a 16-year break. (BBC Sport)
- Car driver Michael Schumacher apologises to Rubens Barrichello for what Barichello describes as ampquotthe most dangerous manoeuvre against me I have ever knownampquot, which occurred during the 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?