Thursday 2 December 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Spider Woman, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1943 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- David Munden: Rocker.
- Wayne Allard: American veterinarian and politician.
- Jean-Pierre Job: French general, who was notably Chief of Staff of the Air Force from 2000 to 2002.
- Nordahl Grieg: Norwegian journalist author poet and playwright (d. 1943).
- 1st RSHA transport out of Vienna reaches Birkenau camp
- A Luftwaffe bombing raid on the harbour of Bari, Italy, sinks numerous cargo and transport ships, including an American Liberty ship, the John Harvey, with a stockpile of World War I-era mustard gas.
- 3 December ndash In reprisal for an act of sabotage, the SS and Gestapo execute 100 tam wokers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?