Saturday 2 December 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Murder, My Sweet, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1944 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Inger Davidson: Swedish politician.
- Cathy Crosby: American actress.
- Ibrahim Rugova: Kosovan journalist and politician 1st President of Kosovo (d. 2006).
- Dionysis Savvopoulos: Greek musician and songwriter.
- Cathy Lee Crosby in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Coach, That's Incredible).
- Botho Strauss: German author
- Botho Strauß: German playwright, novelist and essayist. From 1967 to 1970, he worked as critic and editorial journalist for the journal Theater heute (Theater Today). From 1970 to 1975, he worked as dramaturgical assistant of Peter Stein at the West Berlin Schaubühne am Halleschen Ufer. After his first attempt as writer, during which he adapted Gorky for the screen, he decided to live and work as a writer. He had his first breakthrough as a dramatist in the 1977 Trilogie des Wiedersehens five years after the
- Roger Omond: Journalist
- General De Gaulle arrives in Moscow
- 10th Heisman Trophy Award: Les(lie) Horvath, Ohio State (quarterback).
- US 95th Infantry division occupies bridge at Saar.
- German troops seize Betuwse dikes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Wish You Were Waiting For Me - Ginny Simms
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?