Friday 2 December 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Buchberger in Langenburg and Anita Jokiel.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Django, directed by Sergio Corbucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1966 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Kelly Buchberger in Langenburg: Saskatchewan, Canada; NHL left wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Anita Jokiel: in Poland; gymnast (Olympics-1980).
- Rob Sullivan in Chicago: Illinois, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Tri-City Pro-Am).
- Zeke Jones in Yipsilanti: Michigan, USA; 114.
- Angela Kelly: Angela Kelly from East Kilbride, Scotland, made headlines in 2007 when she won 35 millions pounds in EuroMillions lottery and became the biggest lottery winner at that time.
- Philippe Etchebest: French chef and television host
- Jinsei Shinzaki: Japanese wrestler and promoter co-founded Sendai Girls' Pro Wrestling
- Love, Moby Grape and Lee Michaels perform at Fillmore East
- U Thant agrees to serve a second term as U.N. Secretary General.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 December 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?